lundi 21 août 2017

Fallen On Hard Times

I had a thriving web based business that I built up over 15 years or so. I was making quite a bit of money. The model of the business was selling expensive products in a very small niche via leads I generated on my website.

It failed for several reasons. The company I represented made me change to domain because of a trademark violation. Also financial and business mismanagement on my part. I hired a 'partner', he was really a friend and I was so burned out by years of 7 day 24 hour weeks that I hired him to do stuff that I should have done with better time management etc.

My credit card processor canceled me because I had a bunch of chargebacks in the end.

I live in a grown up farm town that doesn't have many technical jobs. It's mostly a medical, farming, retail, retiree sort of community. I want to stay here as my wife is divorcing me and I have a small grouping of good friends here. I'm 61. That makes job hunting difficult.

I'd be happy right now if I could do something on the web that made 500 dollars a month and I could grow. Meanwhile I could get a job at Home Depot or something like that to fill in the financial gap.

I'm a very senior salesman having managed distributors in the Caribbean, Central America, and South America for 10 years. For 12 years I was a field salesman covering the Eastern Seaboard of the US (Main to Miami). Those kind of jobs tend to go to 35 y/o 's these days.

If anybody has any suggestions on how to approach this mess let me know. I haven't had an income this calendar year.


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire