dimanche 21 septembre 2014

Idea that requires manufacturing/assembly... any guidance?

Hi everyone.



A quick introduction, as this is my first time posting here: I just graduated college a few years ago with a business/finance degree and currently work an office job. I’ve been wanting to start my own business for awhile now and have had a few ideas, but nothing that was ultimately actionable. I’ve had a new idea recently that’s slightly different than my previous ones... all my previous ideas were web/internet based, whereas my current idea requires an actual physical product (with electrical components) to be made/manufactured.



As I’ve started thinking more and more about this, I’ve realized that I have no clue how I could actually make this happen.



The product I have in mind is relatively simple, consists of 3-4 basic electric components assembled together. More specifically – a Pressure-Sensitive Resistor connected to a circuit board connected to a small speaker. When there is no pressure applied to the resistor, the circuit board is programmed to have the speaker ‘beep’ at set intervals. From my limited (but ongoing) research, it seems like from a production standpoint I would need the components, a process to assemble them, and a process to program the circuit board. (Disclaimer: I was a finance major, and know relatively little about electrical engineering)



I guess my main question is... where would I go from here? I’ve poked around on sites like Alibaba and have found manufacturers who can supply the required components, but would I need a separate company to assemble them?



At the very least, I’m trying to figure out a “game plan” in terms of what I would need to do in order to make this idea a reality. Also, as I mentioned above, I’m by no means an expert in electrical engineering so if someone knowledgeable in the field would like to poke holes in my idea, please feel free. Even if this doesn’t ultimately work out, I’m interested in learning how the process of turning an idea into a physical product would work.



Any guidance/suggestions would be much appreciated. Thanks!




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire