jeudi 5 avril 2018

Will you continue to use Facebook after the recent news?

By now I'm sure everyone has heard at least something about Facebook being under fire for not protecting our information well enough and how Cambridge Analytica was able to exploit Facebook to steal data on millions of users AND their contacts. One the one hand we all knew that Facebook was a data collection company, but many of us had no idea the level of information that advertisers, or pretty much anyone else could get.

For me, it's not so much about the information. This isn't a new things when it comes to marketing and advertising. It's that it's connected to my name and email and that 3rd parties have access to my specifics for so long. A while back I stripped my Facebook profile of pretty much any info, and I don't have the app on my phone. I knew the app was scraping the info from my phone, tracking my location, and accessing my contacts a long time ago. It's also a battery hog. But I'm still a little pissed that thier goal of collecting data over rode common sense to make sure it was protected.

I have to use Facebook for work, but I'm wondering how others feel. Has anyone deleted their account?


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire