jeudi 19 juin 2014

Starting a Cake Business

Has anyone here know anything about fondant cakes?



I'm currently a sub-con to my friend. She owns a business fondant cake. When she's fully occupied she will sub some of her orders to me.

She is doing the baking and preparing the ingredients for her cake. But i will do most of the jobs which is decorating, covering cakes and also making figurines.



So my question is, if the cake is worth $120, how do you see the percentage of the cake to the fondant decorations should be divided?

I asked few of my friends they said 30% cake - 70% decorations because of the effort and energy to put in. What do you think?



Second question, if the percentage of my part is actually 70%, is it okay i just charge him 40% of the total cake considering it's her branding and her business. And she prefers to do it in percentage so it's easier to estimate. So my balance of 30% is given to her to be add up with her 30% from the cake. So the percentage is now 40% deco (me) and 60% cake (her).



Thanks in advance.




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire