mercredi 25 février 2015

Buying practice: Use existing S-corp or create new one?

Folks,



I have been incorporated as an S-corp for a few years now while working as an associate dentist. Now I would like to buy my own practice. Should I buy the practice in my existing S-corp's name or should I form a new corporation to do so? (If I use my current S-corp, I do plan to create a DBA for this practice to suit the area)



Are there any disadvantages or pitfalls to using my existing corporation as the buyer? Which way is better (or recommended) in terms of accounting, taxes, liability, etc..



Also when applying for financing at a bank, should I obtain financing in my corporation name or should I get it in my name and then assign it to the corporation?



Thanks for your inputs.




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire