vendredi 27 février 2015

Restaurant Equipment Regulations

Sorry for another post so soon, but I'm trying to decide on some equipment and I'm having a little trouble deciphering the legalese as pertains to this question.

I couldn't find anything in the health code that was specifically about whether I could use residential equipment in a commercial restaurant setting.

I remember when I did some research in the past on cottage laws that equipment couldn't move back and forth between your home and commercial kitchens (which I wouldn't be doing, obviously), but I don't know if that implicit permission to use residential equipment was specific to cottage laws.

Specifically, I don't need the world's fanciest coffee grinder for my drip coffees. I want a separate grinder for each kind of bean to prevent cross contamination of the flavors and oils, and dropping two grand on the espresso grinder makes sense, but I don't need something that fancy for my drip coffees, since they're at a coarser grind.

Does anyone have experience with this? Non-commercial equipment bought specifically for a commercial purpose?




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire