samedi 25 mars 2017

TAX GURU HELP Loss from Schedule D Profit from Schedule C

Good afternoon everyone. First time poster here on this amazing forum. If this isn't the right area to post this question, please direct me!

A few years back, I lost quite a bit (to me) of money trading futures and commodities. My 2016 Net Long Term Loss was -133,000 and the short term loss was -66,000. This totaled -199,000 on Schedule D. I am starting my own business (I'm a 1099 now), and launching it within a week. I have NEVER been self employed, so this year will be a challenge and learning experience in figuring out what to do and not do.

When I become profitable, my understanding is that I will need to go the route of S Corp or LLC, as a home based life insurance broker. But I could be wrong. AGAIN, I have never had to do this before.

My question is when I show a PROFIT on Schedule C, will the LOSSES from Schedule D continue $3,000 every year? Or would the profit NOT BE TAXED because of the previous short and long term carryover losses?

Thank you so much in advance,
Bubba


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire