lundi 16 mars 2015

Question about business license and local city taxes

Hey all,

Been lurking for a while as I'm getting ready to "officially" open a real estate investing business. But I actually have a question that concerns my current real job.



Myself and a coworker are both engineers that work from home. We are full time employees of a business in another state. However we are looking at small office spaces in the area that we can share so that we can work together and be more efficient.



Our new office will be within the city limits of the small town near us (15k population). I'm assuming that we will need to get a local business license which isn't a big deal. Its only $100 a year. But I know that some cities tax businesses based on their yearly revenues.



Is this something that we will have to pay also since we are just employees working for a company out of state? We will not be selling anything or performing services for anyone in the state we are in, much less the city we will be located within.



Trying to gather as much info that I can before going to the city license office.



Thanks for any help!




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire