lundi 10 février 2014

Can I build a business as someone who finds buyers for heavy-equipment sellers?

I've posted a couple of business ideas here before now, and I really appreciate all the responses you've given me. It's been a great help :)



I've got another one for you, if you'll let me pick your brain for a few minutes ;)



Do you think I can build a good business by earning finder's fees--finding buyers for sellers?



I would be focusing on used heavy equipment.



I LOVE machinery of all descriptions; it's always been a passion of mine--especially heavy off-road equipment. I love every aspect of it: design, operational safety & techniques, operational theory, field use (and stories), maintenance, fabrication, manufacturing, repair, sales, etc.



My background/experience with selling used heavy equipment is with agricultural equipment (tractors) and smaller machines.



But I learn quickly, I love talking with and helping people who buy, sell and operate heavy equipment, and I sincerely want to help sellers find buyers.



Here's my rough business & procedural plan:



--1. Register an appropriate business name locally



--2. Register my business name online as a domain, and set up an email with that name, to lend myself credibility and a professional approach (example: josh @joshcampbellequipment. com) Also, can set up a blog there, where I can blog about my interests in heavy equipment/equipment, sales, and related topics, AND (later) feature testimonials of satisfied clients to establish added credibility.



--3. Locate reliable, reputable buyers, and confirm exactly what they are looking to buy, price range, etc.



--4. Locate owners and dealers who are trying to sell a piece of used equipment on sites like Craigslist and specific online machinery classifieds



--5. Use a realistic, genuine approach to start conversations with sellers, so that I can eventually offer them a helpful service, even though it would technically be "unsolicited."



--6. Once a seller wants my services, we will exchange letters, mutually agreeing to simple terms (including commission to be paid) in writing.



--7. At that point, I provide the buyer's complete contact information to the seller, and I leave the picture. IMPORTANT NOTE: The seller and the buyer work a deal themselves, or not at all. I would not be acting as a dealer, an agent, or a representative in any capacity. All I'm doing is selling qualified contact information that I have worked to obtain and verify.



--8. If there is a transaction, the seller notifies me, and pays me the previously agreed-upon finder's fee.



Then, I repeat steps 5 through 8. And, in the meantime, I would always be increasing the number and quality of my buyer contacts.



So...



What do you think?



I believe there is a market inefficiency, with so many people who are too busy to locate qualified buyers, weed out the dead-ends and unqualified buyers, and bring buyers to sellers.



Even though there are many websites and publications out there where sellers can list heavy equipment, I see a lot of good, used machinery that just never gets sold.



In a nutshell...



Many sellers and buyers are too busy to put the work into finding each other, and websites and publications don't always do the job of moving equipment; I believe I can help!



Do I have a viable business model here?




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire