dimanche 1 mars 2015

A few ideas or examples on how salary pay should work

Hello All, I am new here... stumbled across the forum researching pay ideas.



Real quick about the company. It is 12 years old and 30 employees. Right now 5 of the employees are salary based employees, the balance are hourly.



For salary, I am struggling with the new out of school younger people who don't understand it and how you don't get paid for over 40 hours... that is built into their rate (higher rate then if it was hourly). Also they forget the extra paid days off around the holidays they receive.



I need some examples on how salary employees should work. Here is what I am doing right now but I am willing to change it:



- All time taken off over 4 hours is charged vacation, under 4 hours I cover. So it someone leaves 3 hours early I pay it. If they leave 5 hours early they use vacation. I do however do this case by case and exceptional employees I just pay regardless. I used this as a guideline to get started.



- How should sick or personal days work? If you get a call an hour before you are to come in asking if you can have the day off because the roads are getting bad (snow) how do you handle that?



Basically to make a long story short my older employees understand and I have no issues. I am having extreme difficulty with young out of school kids. I am tempted to go back to hourly however I hate worrying about time clock with employees that travel a little, have deadlines, projects.



If anyone has tips, links, please share. I am working on a review with a cumbersome employee now.



Thanks!




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire