samedi 7 mars 2015

[L.A. area] Do I need to obtain a business license for being a freelance translator?

Hi all,



I would like to become a freelancer doing translations and copywriting. I live in Pasadena, CA and would like to know whether or not I need to obtain (and pay for) a business license for that.

My work will be done from home, no employees, no fancy business name (only my own name), no tax ID (only my SSN), just me in front of the computer translating texts and writing invoices.

I have read so many web sites related to this topic but they are pretty contradicting and most of them are vague: "You may have to obtain a business license depending on the nature of your business"... but it is never clearly specified if I need one for MY business (translations & copywriting) or not.

Also, when I search for "marketing consulting services" ("translation services" is not there as an option) on CalGold.ca.gov., I receive some weird permit hits that have nothing to do with my business at all: CalGOLD Search Result



Can anybody with expert knowledge help me please? I am just starting over and would of course like to avoid any upfront fees for administrative stuff.



Thanks!

Isa




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire