mardi 16 février 2016

Rules for Expensing Cell Phones Plans & Charges

My wife and I were going over the call list from her Verizon cell phone, and we noticed that approximately 90% of the calls made were business related... The other 10% is me, and many times we talk about the business, but we are mobile to mobile, so probably it does not count.

Then I asked about her data plan and she told me that she only uses data on Facebook to do the social media marketing (ever her personal account is all about the business and the sales and events that we have), and also do run maps to navigate to client's locations.

This is a cell phone (and number) that she owned before starting our business. It is her only phone and the business has a landline. But she also just hired a new employee, which is allowing her to conduct a majority of her business offsite. Also: Her cell phone is listed in the company's official website and e-mail signatures.

I work (my daytime job) in a company that either buy the phones to employees or give them a $50 stipend to the people who choose to use their personal cell.

My goal is to be able to claim my wife's cell phone as a business expense, but I would like to know more about what I need to prove, or the type of documentation that I would need to keep in order to justify the shift from personal to business expense..

Could anyone shed some light on this? (Whether it is a good idea or not, and what should I do to make sure that it is legit and well documented).

Thanks


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire