samedi 28 mai 2016

I figured I should introduce myself

Hey everyone! Some of you have already seen me around. I'm 18 years old and am working on my first LLC with two friends. I've taken a few entreprenuerial classes at school, however most of the kids in the class didn't want to be there, which made it difficult to learn. I have a mentor at my high school who is helping to guide us through the process of starting our business, however she does not know the industry or technologies we are going into (Software as a Service), so we will be looking for an additional mentor soon.

I have been accepted to the business scholars program at the University of Utah, and I am the Sterling Scholar of Computer Technology of the Wasatch Front in Utah. This is an award that I won after competing with hundreds of kids from all the different high schools in the Wasatch Front.

I love technology and computer science, and I am entering as a full CS major at the University of Utah. I've been programming since I was 7 years old, and have recently found a love for Java Enterprise Edition, which powers the product that my business will be marketing. The product is an asset reservation system designed for schools, to replace the pen and paper methods currently employed by those schools (which teachers have told me they despise more than anything in the world).

I am very interested in business, however I have found it quite difficult to get started, because I really can't find many materials on how people even go about starting a business. Therefore, please bear with me as I ask many simple and likely naïve questions because I am a beginner to all of this.

Thanks so much, I'm excited to have found this forum!


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire