vendredi 6 mai 2016

Meeting with a potential customer and need advice

I have a small IT company that I just started and I'm in need of new customers. My wife met a friend who knew the owner of a store/warehouse that sales to large companies (dollar stores etc). It's a medium size company (maybe 1 - 4 employees). Pretty much the guy (president) is not computer savvy and needs someone to run some of the IT side of things. My wife did some general discussion with him (I was not there), he wants to start someone on a trial basis (few months) to perform some website maintenance and to potentially get into selling much of his products on ebay as well as some facebook work. I will be meeting him tomorrow (for the first time). Here is the deal.

1. Website Maintenance: He mentioned he had someone there that he was paying for around $15.00/hr full time. My wife mentioned a monthly figure of around 3-400 a month initially. I know this may be a low figure (he even indicated), he said he's willing to pay more accordingly. However, since my company is new I'm more interested in establishing a good customer base. I'm not sure of the breath of the work he needs done, but from viewing his site it appears to be a lot of products where he will need price changes, image changes, updates on a weekly (maybe daily) basis. What is typically charged for this? Is there a general rate, I was reading 60 - 75 an hour? Also what type of documentation should I prepare for him to sign for this.

2. Ebay Store: He used to have a ebay store online, but due to mismanagement (previous employees), there was a problem and products didn't make it to customers, as a result the account was suspended!!! I've been with ebay for over 15 years buying/selling. I have experience with this, based on what my wife told him this is what I'm thinking (1) His english is not good, so description of products, title, images etc and communication with customer (2) Management of online store etc. (3) Communication of products being sold (to him) to set aside etc... My thinking, is I need to get his ebay account re-activated so that I would pretty much manage his store through his account. Should I just go ahead and use my ebay account, problem is if it's over 10K, then I will get a tax form. How is this whole area of business usually "priced out", If I were to sell for him, how much should I charge etc? What type of "documented agreement" needs to be made.


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire