mercredi 29 octobre 2014

How do you pick stocks or other investments?

I will admit that I do not know how to pick stocks with accuracy. I know a fair deal about how the economy works, but I still couldn't tell you what stock to pick right now. My best strategy would be to first pick a sector that I thought would do well, and then look at p/e ratios of particular companies.



What do the "major players" have access to that I don't? What information can they look at that I can't? Are the "major players" referring to mutual fund managers?



How much of the stock market is controlled by these major players?



For example, let's say that there is $100 billion in the stock market right now (a total guess). How much of this is controlled by "major players" and how much is your "average" investor?



What strategies do you use to pick stocks or stock sectors, or to decide whether you want to be in the stock market at all? Unfortunately, even the data from the economic indicators is already prices into the stock markets. When the stock market looks bad, do you go with precious metals and bonds? That is what I understand to do.




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire