mardi 28 octobre 2014

The Time Has Come

To start planning a website.



Before I go wasting a lot of time and running in circles, I would like to know what our resident web designers like to see before starting a project. To give you some ideas as to the nature of my business, if some of you haven't figured it out yet, I primarily sharpen and service (80-90% of work) and manufacture of new blades (remaining 10-20%). I have no current branding practices nor any logos.



Going into the planning stage, I'm thinking that the website would be used primarily for general information and basic new product sales. I don't think it needs to be fully e-commerce capable right out of the gate, but I'll let the pros correct me if my thinking is wrong. I'm a firm believer in keeping things simple. Targeted customers range from small Mennonite sawmills (odds are this group won't be using the internet) to large sawmills and pallet mills.



I would also like to include a 3rd party saw design software (if original author approves) if possible. This is not critical when getting started but I figure that it's a good to know.



I should also mention that my graphic design and general site management/marketing abilities are currently non-existent.




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire