mercredi 19 novembre 2014

one or two llc

I am civil engineer and I work somewhere as full time consultant. But I also just started doing construction scheduling on the side, remotely from home, to various contractors, architecture firms etc… for example, they will email me the construction drawings, I will look at them, and make a construction schedule and email it back to them. (this is not considered engineering by the way, which would need license etc)

I am thinking about establishing company or not. Because I already have one LLC. That was for something totally irrelevant to my engineering career, (I am the sole owner), for my interest in hi tech stuff as a hobby, where I have some websites about hi tech items… and I mainly make money by displaying ads on my websites. I do everything from home. Again side activity for me. It either lost or made little money so far.



Question1) what is your recommendation: to do both businesses under current LLC, to found a separate LLC, to do a DBA under current LLC (if it can be done), or do nothing and continue my construction scheduling with my own name and lastname. Note: My current LLC, being in hitech subjects, has the word “robot” in it, and it will sound funny among construction people. That is one big reason I was hesitating using my existing LLC. Or should I just change name of exiting LLC that would be suitable to anything, such as (my last name) LLC?



Question 2) for my construction scheduling, if I don’t establish an LLC, and don’t use current LLC, but use my name and lastname, do I need to register with the city or state? I am in NJ. All I have is an insurance to my name and last name, to cover me for my errors just in case.




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire