mercredi 4 mars 2015

Idea for a 24/7 Coffe Shop

This is my very first post in a forum, Ever! I am 22 and in a lot of debt because of school and two vehicles and a house. I have a lot of time on my hands to bring up ideas and to create new paths to my destination. I have an over-indulgent need to open a coffee shop and I know my best bet is to open it in a college town without too much competition. I have about 6 years experience in the food industry working both at the bottom of the food chain and eventually I worked my way up into management. I know the risks involved and I know that the caffeine business is very difficult competition. I'll list my concerns in terms of importance.



1. Demographics - I live in Jefferson City, MO and I am concerned that not only is this town big, but I haven't lived here very long and will move to Sevierville, TN in about 10 years, that is the plan anyway. How do I go about researching how successful my business will be based on the people who live there since I don't reside in that town or state?



2. Competition - There are tons of coffee shops all around, especially franchises such as Starbucks and Dunn Bros. Where do I start when researching what competition I will have?



3. Cost - I want to provide a low cost way to provide caffeine to college students as well as other consumers. I understand from visiting many different coffee shops that a decadent, 6 oz caramel latte doesn't have to be $6. This cost is unreal to me, seeing as I can make a caramel latte at home with 4 oz of milk, 6 oz of strong coffee or 4 oz of espresso, homemade vanilla whipped cream, caramel sauce in the coffee and drizzled on top. This drink costs me less than $3 seeing as a whole gallon of milk costs roughly $3.50 - $4. In order to offset the cost of goods, how do I find out if my low cost drinks will make me money versus a $6 latte at Starbucks?



4. Marketing - I don't even know where to start in terms of marketing. I have creative thinking and I know what I want, I just need somewhere to start. I understand customer needs, but I know a lot more about my own personal needs and wants when it comes to coffee. There are so many different possibilities that fit so many different personalities.



5. Building/Storefront - I am a big fan of old style towns that have an old, down-town feel. It's very rustic and it's very personal to me since I was born in Chicago; an old, historic city. This idea hits home to me and I want to stick to this, however, I can't get my lovely husband to move to Chicago. He absolutely hates the idea of moving to a city. Jefferson City is the capital of Missouri and I am not a fan of it. It's a wanna-be Chicago, LOL.



I appreciate all the help you can give me. I know there are more concerns and questions that will come, in time. Again, this is my first forum post, Ever, so I hope I am doing this right.



Thanks Everyone




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire