mardi 3 janvier 2017

Confidentiality in purchase

Hello! I don't know if this is the correct place for this, but I have a question about confidentiality.

I am looking to purchase a business that is not for sale in the field which I currently work. I would prefer to keep my name and my partners name confidential during the process of determining if the current owners would be wiling to sell, as I don't want it to effect my current work or have selling decisions based on personal knowledge of myself and my partner.

What is the best way to go about this? I have hired a lawyer to go ask the current owners if they would be wiling to sell, but I am suspicious that the current owners would require knowledge of our identities before purchase. Is there a way around this? I am not concerned about the field that I work knowing that I intend to buy, but I would prefer that the owners make a neutral decision on selling as I am fairly young and they are very traditional (see: opinionated).

I think they would be willing to sign confidentiality agreements after they sign an intent to sell and non-compete, but until then...

Anyone have advice on how to proceed?


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire