jeudi 5 janvier 2017

Motivated owner, with intent to expand

Hello all!

Just joined the forum and figured instead of making two threads, one intro and then this one, why not put it all into one. My name is Rafil located where its sunny year round but filled with shady people South Florida! (a joke used by everyone here, no one really takes it offensively) I am 22 and I recently started a mobile car wash service. I will try to give as much info as I can to better knowledge everyone instead of having to read several posts explaining different parts.

I started the business because I got a nice deal on a van with all the needed materials to run the business (pressure washer, generator, water tank, etc.) and I jumped on the opportunity. I figured this would be perfect since it wasn't a high risk being invested and if worst comes to worst I can sell it fairly quickly to someone willing to start their own with not really seeing a big loss. Moving along, I started with the social media page and have business cards and as of now I am really only washing vehicles of people within my network of friends which is doing fine as in loads of work I still do my regular job overnight and do this during the day and I am seeing good results. As this is going well, my honest goal is to not only wash the regular college kid owned sedan or coupe. My target audience is more upscaled cars like Porsche, Ferrari, Lamborghini, Audi that the well paid office job or successful entrepreneurs drive. Where I live is a middle class suburb but to get to the areas where the wealthy reside and work is less than 15 minutes away driving. My concern is as how to get these type of people to confide in me to trust them to work on their cars. I do know for the most part they get these type of exotics because they generally do share a passion for cars and want the best for it. My network of mutual friends do not have a connection with these people and I don't believe putting a business card with my info on the wiper or window would attract them enough to give me a call and try it out. I would assume to try to walk into the offices and speak to them and inform them of my services but would they take a kid seriously in regular clothes? Or if I go well dressed would I have to try to pitch it to them like a business idea? The products I use are from a well known detailer they are great products well worth the extra money spent but this type of business is more word-of-mouth to get known and that is the hard part to get to my target audience.

I do apologize for the long post I just wanted to have as much information as I could in the main post so I didn't have to keep answering certain questions throughout this lol. Any insight on maybe a similar situation you've been in that can relate to this or how you think would be the best way to approach this is well appreciated! I would like to get this done right once because I don't think an trial and error process can work with this. I am happy to join this forum and hope to learn a lot from here and share knowledge anyway I can! :)


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire