mercredi 25 janvier 2017

Finally got a new computer!

I've needed a new one for a while. Spent more time researching this time around rather than just buying whatever the latest "business" desktop model is.
Experience has taught me that "business" computers are over priced, have crap specs, and are packaged for less than tech savvy consumers.

This time around I went with a gaming computer that had 100's of excellent reviews, even though I'm not much of a gamer.

Intel i5-6402P Quad Core 2.8GHz-3.4GHz.
AMD Radeon RX 480 4GB Graphics card (with 3 display ports, HDMI, VR Ready, 4K gaming)- Thinking of adding the 8G model.
It shipped with 8G RAM, I upgraded to 16G and it's expandable to 64GB RAM
1TB HDD, but I also added a 480GB SSD to boot windows and my most used programs.

Came with all disks, warranty, and so on.
Still gotta get new monitors, and while I'm at it may as well replace my desk and office chair.

So far it's been a dream. Makes me enjoy working again.
It's amazing how gradually my old machine just got bad and how long I dealt with it.


I thought I was tired of the job. Turns out I was just tired of working on that old machine and sitting in this old chair.

Does anyone else feel refreshed and energized when they get new tools?


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire