mercredi 28 août 2013

Alternative to Hoover's Subscription for Sales Prospecting

Hello,



I just started as an outside sales rep, handling the South Florida market for a company with about 15 employees, 5 of which are salespeople.



We sell GPS fleet management software and hardware to SMB companies that want to track their vehicles and equipment.



Previous to this job, I had an outside sales position for a large wireless telco and sold from from a portfolio of about 300 vendors. At this company, I had access to a Hoover's subscription, as well as an internally developed CRM and funnel management system that got its sales prospecting data from D&B.



At my new company, sales reps have been using the Yellow Pages for some leads, but mainly just drive around through their assigned territories in search of businesses and prospect face to face with what they find.



I feel that I can be a ton more productive (both by foot and with teleprospecting) with the types of tools mentioned above.



I just got off the phone with Hoover's, and for the type of subscription that can filter companies by NAICS and SIC codes within a list of target zip codes, it will run $250-$300 per month.



I doubt my company will be willing to spend this much and I may be on my own to pay for anything that I come up with.



Does anyone have thoughts/advice on an alternative to a Hoover's subscription? My main objective is to take a particular zip code (or list of them), and come up with a prospecting list of companies that fit my criteria (ie: mechanical contractors, couriers, limos...etc) and then export this list to Excel.



Thank you for your help!



-ET





via Small-Business-Forum.net http://www.small-business-forum.net/managing-your-business/9543-alternative-hoovers-subscription-sales-prospecting.html

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire