samedi 8 février 2014

partnership split and funding question

Hi



I started a company together with two friends.We are now starting on our first project with our first client.

The thing is , I feel like I do all the work and I think about changing the partnership split we agreed on before any money comes in, here are some details.



It was my idea to start the company, I have all the knowledge and I do all the work. I come up with 95% of all the ideas for the company. I have to learn the other guys and tell them what to do. And it seems like I have to tell many times before they understand or do anything.we set up meetings and deadlines but they forget about it. maybe they lack some interest, but I let it go and then do it myself instead. I have a passion and do a lot research and work on my own. The other guys don`t, and when we have meetings they are more interested in texting their girlfriends. I feel like if I don`t act as a boss and have a vision what to do there is nothing there, and nothing happens. I sometimes give them stuff to do but end up doing it myself as it seems like they don`t take it seriously and they don`t prioritize it. One of the guys calls me every day but he just repeats what I`ve already said before.

Sometimes I think I made a wrong decision to start the company with my friends, I could do everything on my own.The thing is I need someone to bounce off ideas and If it wasn`t for my friends I don`t think I would start it all on my own at this point, but maybe later. One of my friends have very good taste and are good support on my ideas, but he don`t like to work much on his own, and he tells me that. He says he don`t have the same drive as me but he wants to be a part of the company.



When we started the company we decided to split 33/33/33, but It`s been up a couple months and I feel I deserve more of the share at least 50%, and I want to clear things out. What is a common share for 3 people in this situation? Would It be a better idea to start it as my own company and do a deal with my friends on different projects? And when we make money they can invoice my company? But I feel if I do that maybe they will completely loose interest and I have to do it all on my own.

Another thing: I think I will suggest that I become the boss. Do I have to own over 50% to be the boss or just the largest share?



I will have a meeting with them soon and I want to write it all down on paper.



Funding:



I have little experience with funding and I have some questions

My friends have no money so I will fund most of the company myself. Is it normal to follow the partner split percentage when it comes to funding?. Like if I own 50% I have to put in 50% of the funds etc? Is it true that the funds should be recouped before any money can be taken out of the company?



I know my post sounds a little harsh on my friends but it`s not personally as I love my friends, just business, but I`m a little frustrated right now :)



Thanks :)





via Small-Business-Forum.net http://ift.tt/1bc1uA6

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire