mercredi 4 juin 2014

Inventory Software

I work for a retail company that has 6 stores, and two websites. We are currently using excel to track our inventory. It works well enough, but I realize that it is not the best solution. I have tried googling, and have experimented with various softwares, but am finding the process overwhelming.



There are three functions which I need, which I am finding are either not common, or not mentioned on websites.



The first is in regards two our two websites. There is a large amount of overlap between the inventory that goes to the stores, and the inventory on our website. On Excel I use conditional formulas and formatting to flag a cell, when I update the quantity on an item that is on our website. This tells me to go update the website(s) with the correct total. I don’t know if any similar function exists in an inventory software. If need be, an excel export function would probably do the job, assuming that the functionality I will describe next is there.



Every two weeks I send a document to most of the stores that lists those items in the warehouse that are stocked at that store, and that we have in stock. This allows them to reorder inventory that we keep in the warehouse. Not every store gets every item, and many items go to multiple stores. So for example T6, T1, and M2 (our internal store codes) all get Ken Edwards Pottery, while Soltronics goes to T6, and M18. So I need a way to set an attribute on each item for what stores it goes to, and to generate a printable report based on these attributes.



And finally, the handwritten invoices that we use now have the department totals on the invoice at the top. So if an invoice has two different rugs at $100.00 each, and three pieces of jewelry at $40.00 each, then the top of the invoice would read:

R - $200.00

J – $120.00

I am hoping to find a software that works for us for less than 300 dollars, though I may be able to go slightly above that. I would highly appreciate any advice or recommendations anyone may have.




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire