lundi 13 octobre 2014

Should I add sales tax to customer invoices?

My company is a domestic LLC with a physical address in Albany, NY. However we do a business in New York City and New Jersey only. We offer airport pickup services where we match our bilinguals employees with clients that arrive to any of three airports in the city. We don't sell any products. My question is should I add sales tax to a total price when invoicing our clients?

All I could find is




Quote:




Purchases above $110 are subject to a 4.5% NYC Sales Tax and a 4% NY State Sales Tax. The City Sales Tax rate is 4.5%, NY State Sales and Use Tax is 4% and the Metropolitan Commuter Transportation District surcharge of 0.375% for a total Sales and Use Tax of 8.875 percent.



But I'm not sure if it's for goods only or for services as well. If so, any sales for less than $110 won't be taxed? And all sales above $110 must be taxed by 8.875%? Please help to figure this out.



Thank you.




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire