jeudi 27 août 2015

New eCommerce website/biz.. INPUTS much appreciated

So as I mentioned in my introduction, I am in progress of starting up an eCommerce website/business with a basic concept in which I will be importing products overseas and selling them for more (modern high end gadgets and toys). I was fortunate enough to have a friend who lives in Hong Kong that works for a company who helps businesses partner up with quality manufacturers. She's also been speaking with them on my behalf. Anyhow, I am doing this in hopes of raising some extra cash to open my dream restaurant here in Atlanta. I've been reading random threads on this forum, and the amount of information that is thrown around here is so great that I am confident I will get all the help that I need here.. so thank you guys in advance. I have the dream, the mindset and the hustle; all I need now is knowledge to help me do this right.

So far in my journey this is what I've done:

1) Figured out roughly how much I will need to invest.
2) Calculated the estimated profit margin.
3) Figured out who my target consumers are and how I plan to market to them.
4) Came up with a name for my company.
5) Worked out a deal with the manufacturers.
6) Close to finishing a smart excel sheet for my expenses.

My next steps:

1) Have someone create a unique logo for the website.
2) Design the website using one of those easy to build platforms like Wix.
3) Focus on marketing.
4) Find a company that will make a custom shipment box with my logo

Questions:

1) Once I have the logo done; should I copyright it? Or just "TM" it? Is it worth copyrighting the logo for this simple online business?
2) Should I copyright the company name?
3) I've seen some appealing and simple websites on wix.com; what are your thoughts?
4) As for marketing, I plan to create Facebook ads that will appear on people's news feed, make bumper stickers and flyers, have some music/TV stars promote them on their Instagram and Facebook (I personally know a reality TV star and the Ying Yang Twins, a rap group). I plan to travel to big hot cities to market the company as well. What do you think so far?

My first product will be priced at $499; however I thought of a really cool idea that could work in my favor for marketing. I was thinking of having something somewhere on my website where it says something like, "get yours for free!" The customer would click it because obviously free is good and he/she would like to know more right? My idea is this... after the customer purchases the product, he/she is eligible to be reimbursed for the price of the product if he/she can get 20 other people to buy it (after the purchase he/she will be given a unique code that his/her people will need to input when buying the product). I can see people posting videos, pictures and link all over their social media page just to get people to buy it using the code, which will provide for free shipping. It doesn't hurt them, nor does it take too much time. Basically I am giving away a product in exchange for good marketing, which I'm definitely ok with. This could create a domino effect. What do you guys think?


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire