lundi 30 novembre 2015

Pinball arcade. Questions about competing

My dad wants to help me start a pinball arcade. He's owned his own business for 20+ years.

I talked to some pinball people and pretty much got made fun of. They think starting it with $20,000 is a joke. I was also told I needed machines from the top 100 pinball machines of all time.

I was thinking I could get a cheap space in a downtown area (cheap being a relative term) and charge $9.25 + tax for all day play. This way you and a friend could have fun all day on a $20 bill.

I want to do it completely without a loan. This way, if it's a rough start, I'm not totally screwed.

If I could get 200 customers per week, I could stay afloat while I'm getting some better games and all that.

There's already a pinball arcade in the area, and they've probably invested $200,000 in top quality pinball machines. My dad says we need compete around them rather than directly at them.

We would be sort of a budget arcade. His idea was to charge 25c per play. I'm not sure if 25c per play is better than a flat rate all day pass.

I plan on amassing a variety of machines over the course of a year or two.

The arcade would be fun, but I just don't see a way that I could make it more fun than the guys who have the best of the best pinball machines which I cannot afford.

How hard would it be to pull of 200 customers per week at $9.25 all day? What could I do to out compete a guy who has better machines than me?


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire