lundi 30 novembre 2015

Funding Questions

What's good people? Alright, so last weekend I went with my girlfriend to her grandparents' house for a weekend visit. At dinner I started conversating with her 84 year old grandfather about things and he asked about what I'm into. I told him I'm a huge business and stock nerd. Little did I know the guy has an MBA from the University of New Hampshire and wrote a thesis on the steel industry strikes in 1959 which we talked about for like a half an hour.

The next day the rest of the family came for Thanksgiving. LITTLE DID I KNOW THE SON OF THE GRANDFATHER HAS AN MBA FROM STANFORD. This guy is loaded, he's the founder and CEO of an international industrial equipment trades company where he sells construction equipment and other huge equipment all over the world. The other guy is a carpenter but they all know a lot about business and it was amazing.

We all talked for hours about it and I asked them what the best solution to get funding for my businesses at 16. Their response was:

1. Rich uncle
2. Rich Aunt
3. Rich someone
4. The small business association (maybe)
5. An investor
6. Get a patent or document your item somehow so no one can patent it and if they do then you can counteract the patent.
7. Don't even think about banks, they won't touch you.
8. Kickstarter or AngelList

My question is, how does the small business association work and what is the best way to get funding? Thanks <3


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire