samedi 23 juillet 2016

Consignment Sales

Hello all. I am trying to find the answer to a rather specific question, and the answer may not be available but here goes:

I opened a business 19 month ago. I sell handmade craft items (jewelry, woodworking, candles, tie dye, etc.) on consignment. I originally took 40% of the selling price. In an effort to reduce the price of larger items, I have a varying percentage that I apply. Have modified my agreement from the consignor setting the selling price, to them telling me what they want to be paid and I set the selling price.

My problem is I have quite a few who seem to be willing to let their stuff just sit on the shelf unsold. Some items have sit here the entire 19 months which probably isn't the best idea. I thought full shelves would be better than partially empty shelves. Anyone familiar with consignment know a way to get people to reduce and clear out overdue stuff, or do I just cancel the agreement and try to find replacements.

Ideas? Thanks.


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire