jeudi 21 juillet 2016

Inventory - Good or bad?

Title says it all.

Backstory:
I stopped in at my parents shop today and was asked about trying to fix one of their saws. One look at it told me that he's better off replacing parts than working a temporary fix. He had ordered repair parts of a local company and was told 6-8 weeks for delivery. These are wear parts and should be a common replacement item. Local distributors refuse to carry parts and only order when minimum quantities are reached. I go direct to the manufacturer and have parts going on the truck tomorrow. Distributor just lost a large markup sale for not being reasonable.

Being as I'm in the service industry myself, I don't understand this line of thinking. Why are more and more companies refusing to stock replacement parts that are critical to the operation of equipment?


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire