jeudi 21 juillet 2016

Starting my business at 60

My background: I have been a wood finisher for 25+ years and have worked on too many projects to say here. A lot of what I do and have done is around architectural facades such as hotel/restaurant and retail store fixtures.I do every type of finishing that there is from latex paint to full fill high gloss polyester finishes on exotic wood. I also do faux finishing on just about anything including gold and silver gilding, also metal patina.
I have a day job but have been told I should start my own thing by many people and there are not a lot of us out there doing this. I am 60 years old I'm terrified of blowing it and wonder if the old adage " no guts,no glory" come into play here.
It doesn't take a lot of super expensive equipment to do it just a place to do it. I already have most of the tools and the knowledge.
I don't have a ton of money but not broke either so I guess my question is should I dive in and if I do what do any of you think a start up would cost me.
Again I have a good day job but think I could do way better on my own. The company I work for subs out all our overflow as it is when were busy.

Your thoughts?

P.S.
I did the metal patina on the columns at the entrance of the Belagio hotel in Las Vegas about 10 or so years ago.


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire