mardi 20 décembre 2016

Out in left field: any way to get supplier's perspective on a product?

I carry a particular brand of dog toy in my shop that I LOVE. They are hard-plastic puzzles that you play with your dog. The only problem with them is that they're expensive. Over this past year I've taken them to several in-person vending events and talked them up and got potential customers really interested in them. Then they ask about the price. They get a guarded, polite set expression on their faces and politely excuse themselves. These toys are THAT expensive.

I've noticed that the supplier I was getting them from is no longer carrying them. Because of the exhorbitant price, I'm ambivalent about whether I should find a new supplier that carries them or just drop them from my store. I emailed my supplier and asked for their thoughts on the matter; if they had trouble moving them because of the cost. They politely refused to answer that but just confirmed that they're not carrying them anymore.

In researching my products and supplier chains, I've noticed that there are new, different dog puzzles coming on the market that cost a LOT less. (I'm working on building a relationship with a supplier of these new toys also.) I'm wondering if this competition will force the first manufacturer to drop their prices to stay competitive. I would love to be able to ask this on some sort of supplier/distributor of pet products internet forum but I don't know of one that exists. LOL! Is this something that I can only go by my intuition and powers of deduction?


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire