mercredi 5 novembre 2014

Seeking Marketing Advice

Hi,



I run my own small IT services and IT project management consulting company. The business is a little over 1 year old. I have had a number of steady clients so far, which has been good. However, those projects are coming to a close and I am currently struggling to find new clients. Here are the steps I have taken so far:



-Have reached out to local companies Procurement departments to describe my company and the services that I can provide - Have also inquired about RFP opportunities; These phone calls have not received any response

-Regularly post ads on Craigslist - This has yielded a few clients, but has yielded three times as many who indicate that they are interested and then disappear/cease communication

-Registered on sam.gov, regularly watch fbo.gov regularly for (relatively small scale) contract opportunities, but have not won any to date

-Met with local SCORE chapter, but really weren't able to provide a great deal of guidance

-Have also sought opportunities on Elance; Have had a few small jobs, but am looking for more consistent/steady work with more reliable/dependable clients



As someone with only an IT background, I'm a bit out of my element with marketing and could use some advice.



What is the best way to effectively market my company's services to other businesses? Should I be mailing these companies materials rather than trying to reach them via phone? If so, what should I be mailing them?



Thanks in advance for any guidance you can offer,

Matt




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire