mercredi 13 mai 2015

Cooking

Don't know who cooks out there. I used to cook a lot when I was younger and had more time. I still like good food. My career of 22 years was basically wining and dining clients. Young, my room mate spearfished and was a chick magnet so we always had good seafood and good party's.

These days I don't have much time for cooking but still like good food. I'm big on making stuff that I use regularly weekly or even biannually. Weekly, I like to saute up some muchrooms, onions, a few other things on a saturday to use through the week. I always have bacon bits as well as bacon fat (and other fats) in the freezer.

Last night I had a filet mignon with a mushroom pepper sauce and baked potato and it took me 10 minutes to make.

So here is the kicker. I make duck stock every 6 months. Gonna make some this weekend. Usually lasts about 6 months. I buy online 25 lbs of duck backs and necks. Costs about $75 delivered frozen the next day. I make a heavily reduced duck stock out of it and freeze it flat in zip lock bags.

Whether I'm sick and just want a duck broth over some Chinese noodles or like last night when I made my filet and wanted a good sauce, I take a chip of the duck stock and toss it in for a really great flavor. 1000% better than the boxed chicken broth in the store. I keep the duck fat for sauteing things.

It takes linear time to make, but not much tending to. I'll post my recipe if anybody is interested. You can be cleaver and still eat well without spending much time cooking on a busy schedule.

So that's going to be my weekend.


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire