lundi 11 mai 2015

Online Based 3D Printing service

A little introduction first, I'm a university student, living in a suburban area in a 2nd world country. Title almost says it all, I am thinking of starting a small online based 3d printing business/service and deliver the goods by mail domestically (for now!!). I'm seeking feedback and opinions of some more experienced folks here. I stumbled across the idea while browsing amazon (for whatever reason), I realized than almost nobody here ever even heard of 3d printing and I could take advantage of this while the competition is still very little if any. My target group is probably businesses that deal with 3d modeling (for prototype printing and such) and the general public. Maybe start off with one printer, I found a decent one for about $500-$600. I can probably get a domain for my mentioned web page on godaddy since they have an exelent first year offer. I was thinking that customers can send me 3d models through said website along with their info (like shipping address) just like a normal online store. Maybe i'll even set up google adwords and whatnot for promoting my business.

These are just some rough ideas, and I need your input on this if its a good or bad idea.
I don't really have much business experience, so any tips or precautions will come in handy.


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire