lundi 4 mai 2015

Should my wife get a paycheck for Social Security?

I (and ostensibly my wife) are the owners of a small S-Corp. I work from a home office and my wife helps out a lot. I have had her receive a paycheck because I was told that it was beneficial for her to pay into SSI so that she would receive it when she's of age. We're in our mid 30's. The paycheck was small, about $15-20k a year.

So I'm wondering - is that good advice? Does it matter if I am the only one paying into Social Security or if she gets the small paycheck as well, when we start collecting in 30-35 years? I don't want to waste money on payroll taxes for her if it's not going to benefit us, and I don't want to regret not paying into her SSI account if it will net us in the end.

So I'm hopeful someone out there know about these things and can provide some advice. Thank you.


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire