mardi 16 juin 2015

Advice needed, customer asking for deposit to be returned

We are a window blind manufacturer, I recently took an order for some blinds, total £400 and she paid a deposit of £100. Blinds were made and installed and she was delighted with them and agreed to pay the balance by bacs that day. Unfortunately we were unaware that our sewing machine had developed a fault that week and two of the louvres stitching came undone after we left. I immediately ordered new fabric and remade 15 louvres and made an appointment to re-visit within 3 days to replace the two faulty ones and check all others.

When I arrived she said, these are shoddy, (even though we have made blinds for every other room in her house in the same fabric etc), remove them immediately and refund my deposit. I did all I could at the time to resolve, even saying we would replace all of the louvres with new ones but she refused. I am the wife of the team who on the day went there with no van or tools to remove them. I did however remove all of the louvres and said my husband would be back to remove the hardware. They became quite threatening and told me I wasn't allowed to leave the property with her blinds until I repaid the deposit, after asking the husband to sop blocking my exit I left (with the louvres).

I have not been back in touch yet but have now received an email from her saying that she will take me to small claims court. There is nothing on my order form/contact regarding deposits but it does state that all goods remain the property of us until paid in full.

I am just angry with her to be honest, she was fine with everything until I got to the property then, and I don't think she planned it, she waived her hand and dismissed me and our costs and hours of work making a product that is bespoke and cannot be resold.


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire