dimanche 28 juin 2015

Business vs. Personal Mileage in a Trip

I have a question about business and personal mileage driven in one trip which I'm not finding a definitive answer for. My wife thinks the whole trip should be counted as business, I don't. Today's example is typical.

We drove to the YMCA for a workout, which happened to be on the way to a new client she needed to meet. So after that, we drove from the Y to the new client. Then to another new client meeting, and then to a job site (she cleans houses) to finish a job, then home which is our home office.

She's convinced that the whole trip including to the Y is expensed as business miles since she would have had to drive that distance anyway to get to the new client meeting. I've been saying that only the miles driven after leaving the Y count as business miles since travel to the Y was for personal reasons.

Who is correct?


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire