vendredi 19 juin 2015

It's time to sell it, need advice

Hello everyone. I own 2 businesses and want to sell one. The one I want to sell hasn't been very active for about 5 years and I have been in the process of selling off it's assets for the past few years. Currently, the value of the assets is near zero and the website gets almost no traffic and I only get about 2-4 orders per month. The reasons for this is as follows:

- I lost interest and have put no effort into it for years.
- I don't have the resources to compete anymore.
- I found something else I'm more interested in.

However, the business name (and therefore the domain name) is extremely lucrative to my competitors and has been copied many times. There are currently over 6 domains out there which are nearly exact copies of my domain name and at least 2 facebook accounts that are using my business name that are not me. I know that there is demand for my business name and that others want to use it. But I don't know what the dollar worth of my domain name is.

Also, I have a logo that I'd be selling. The logo is my own intellectual property and others have made variations of it also.

I need advice on how to sell my business as a package which includes:
  1. Logo - my own intellectual property (I created it) but not trademarked or patented at this time. I am the sole owner.
  2. Website - I am the sole owner.
  3. Business name - I am the sole owner. Not trademarked or patented at this time.


My questions are:
  1. Should I trademark my logo and business name first? Would this add value?
  2. Should I contact my competitors and see if they are interested in making an offer?
  3. How can I determine what my business is worth?
  4. Should I list my business for sale online?


I'm not here to advertise the sale of my business, I'm just here looking for information because right now, I know just about nothing and don't know what to do or how to go about it. Any responses are much appreciated.


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire