mercredi 24 juin 2015

Hello Everyone! I'm looking for advice...

I hope everyone is well. I am excited to dive into this forum and make some contacts that will help guide me on some business decisions that I need to make very soon.

My father in law, Rich, wants to retire and has offered to give my wife and I his heavy haul trucking company. My wife, Allison, and I jumped at the opportunity because it will allow the two of us to work together and not have to spend more time each week with our co-workers than we spend with each other.

It is a small company consisting of five trucks. Three trucks that we own and two that we broker for.

Allison is currently a financial business manager for performing musician and has been doing that for four years. I have been a soldier in the Army for the past 13 years.

Our plan is to spend the next 6 months learning the day to day operations of the company and then begin to run the company ourselves. Our goal is to grow the company from a "mom and pop" operation into a successful business.

We aren't formally trained business people though and we don't know what we don't know and I have many questions.


I hope I will find some answers in these forums.

Look forward to some interesting discussions!

Michael


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire