vendredi 31 juillet 2015

Beginning accounting for a sole proprietorship

I am a little rusty on my accounting but if I start a sole proprietorship and put $100,000 into a bank account for it;

My bank account would have a credit of $100,000 because it has increased.

Would a drawing account have a debit of $100,000?

This would make sense to me because the first $100,000 I disburse is not really income to me but just me returning my money to myself.
My understanding is that the drawing acount shows, at the end of the year, what you are taxed on.

So, if I disbruse $120,000 during the year then I would get a K-1(?) for $20,000 for my taxes?

Does the drawing account stay there for perpituity? I mean, if I disburse another $120,000 the second year would I just figure the difference
between Jan 1st and dec 31st and then the second year get a K-1 for $120.000?

Hope I am not way off base here and not confusing anyone. Thanks very much for your input.


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire