mercredi 29 juillet 2015

First time business

Hi. My wife and I are looking to buy a business. I have accounting, tax, and payroll experience. And we both have customer service experience.

This place is in an upscale neighborhood and has an upscale feel to it. It is a convenience store but the name evokes Italy (a little) and wine (am lot). The products are wine, beer, cigarettes and smoking supplies, a small food area (shelf food
like candy bars, chips, canned goods, etc.). There is kind a rustic looking area with veru nice deli meats and they make sandwiches and pizza.

We are thinking of re-organizing with adult products in one half and the food products in the front half. They had been selling some ice cream but my wife really wants to sell ice cream. Neither of us is Italian but I guess that's ok.

I'm not really in love with the name or the front sign.

Here is my question; I am just trying to wrap my head around this whole business and decide what it is really going to be. It is hard to reconcile alcohol vs ice cream. And adult vs. family. And Italian theme or not. I wish I could crystallize what this business really is and what image to present. If I could do that I could work on a name and decorating theme and geberal presentation.

If we wanted to go with Italian maybe we could sell gelato or something like that. Or maybe organizing it in 1/2 adult and 1/2 food could make it just a little generic convenience store. BTW it is kind of small in square footage.

I would just like to hear any ideas or suggestions. Thank you very much.


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire