samedi 25 juillet 2015

Starting a Children's Boutique.. Advice?

Hello,
Here's my story (short and sweet):
I currently work full-time at my in-law's company. My salary is good and I do have job security there. However, I am truly not happy. I'm not happy with the work I do and there's so many changes that occur there that just create drama and an accounting nightmare! It's been this way since I started, so I can't say this is just a bump in the road. It seems to just be the way things are there. So - a year ago, I started brainstorming of what I could do to feel successful, add income and ultimately something that I could be happy doing and something I could be proud of. I started a business to sell children's clothes online. I have a website and good, quality inventory. Getting your website seen is HARD. I spent more money just trying to get it out there than I ever intended. Then along came a local "marketplace" where I could rent a space inside their store to set up my store. The idea is great. I have made sales there... but it's not bringing in a lot of traffic because of their hours/location and lack of marketing. Not to mention - they rented a space right beside me to someone selling children's consignment clothes. So that sucks for me!
For the past few months, I have been eyeing a location two cities away from the marketplace. It's a small stand alone store that is right at the busiest intersection in town. The store that was there before (a women's boutique) did really well - so well, in fact, that she had to move to a larger space! The rent is completely do-able, in my opinion. Here's my struggle: should I open up my children's boutique at this location? I will have to get a loan. It's possible that I could keep my current job for a while (my business partner would just have to work there full-time until I could do so). Is a children's boutique a good business venture? Am I stupid to leave my current salary? I know I wouldn't make 'as much'. However - I truly believe I would be happier doing this. It's also an all-consuming thought, day after day... so what does that mean? Honest opinions and advice please!!!


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire