dimanche 16 octobre 2016

Tutoring

I recently started a tutoring business in Toronto, primarily in one corner of the city. It started as kind of a fluke, by posting a bunch of flyers and thinking that I'd get maybe 1 or 2 clients from it. Now I sub-contract tutors for a variety of subjects (still looking to develop this). I am new to sub-contracting and with a teaching and not a business degree, had to figure it out based on an amalgamation of websites and YouTube videos. I also used the contract model from the old tutoring place I worked at. I focused heavily on trying to improve what is wrong with existing tutoring companies, and rely on my education as an educator to keep the business honest, fair and more about education than money.

I make most of my income through tutoring on my own, and right now I maybe make $20 / week from the sub-contractors.Yeah, it sounds like pennies, but I also make anywhere between $400 - 600 a week from my own clients (many of which I also work with during the day and not just after school). I plan to further develop the sub-contracting idea, as I think it's a great way to [1] take care of clients who I can't provide services to and [2] make extra cash on top of my own tutoring.

Overall, tutoring is becoming a new booming field, much like software development.


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire