mardi 4 août 2015

Debating on perusing online business? Need Feedback

Hello, I am the owner of Sofa Creations. We have 3 retail locations in San Francisco bay area. We sell custom sofas that are made in California. All our models can be made to any measurement down to the inch. And all models are made within 10 days. Plus they come with a 7 year warranty. We do well because of our quick turnaround time and because our models are made down to the inch at affordable prices.

I don't have my site setup for eCommerce and I never persuaded it because I find it hard to believe someone would spend over a thousand on a sofa they can't sit on but I could be wrong. The other major reason I do not sell online is the shipping costs. Yes I would charge the customer, but what happens if they want to return it. Do I eat the shipping costs both ways? Or say they have to pay to send it back? We have shipped out of state to family or past customers about 7-8 times now with no problems so maybe this is something I should do. Also, I was thinking instead of changing my whole site to eCommerce. At first to have my staff leave comments on social media and blogs to try to offer our sofas to see how it goes. They have a ton of downtime during the week so I was trying to think about ways to keep them busy while also trying to create new business.

Let me know your thoughts. Thanks.


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire