mardi 21 février 2017

Bidding on a potential Printer Maintenance contract with the State

I've asked enough questions from the State to determine what this is. Just to give you heads up, I'm a new business and I'm trying to get my feet wet in a contract. The incumbent is doing the work for around $7,400 last year. So I plan to underbid them to around $7,200 since my suspicion is that they are going to bid again with a slightly higher bid.

I dealt a lot of with printer hardware and computer repair, but my concern is that the cost to perform the work would greatly outweigh the profit. We are talking around 20 printers in the state that are located in each county. Some counties are around 200 miles apart from each other. I live roughly in the center of the state. We are talking about one type of printer model/make (every printer is the same).

The state can't provide any maintenance records but what they can tell me is that the incumbent performed the work for $7,400 a year. These are high quality printers and the state has indicated to me that this contract is for repair/maintain only, no replace. They indicated that this contract does not include toner/paper/consumable supplies.

I have experience maintaining printers/devices, however no experience maintaining them over long distances and these devices aren't exactly workable remotely. I asked them how the state would contact the vendor, they indicated they would phone/email and expect the repair within 48 hours.

My suspicion is that I would need to have parts on-hand (that moment) to make the repair and make it fast. Or order the part (overnight) to be able to perform the work. Other than maintenance kits (roller/pickup/rubber components) that need regular replacement, when we are talking 20 printers, how often do they break?

Thanks


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire