mardi 21 février 2017

Has anyone ever rooted thier Android devices?

So I've been studying network security and penetration testing. One of the tools is Kali Linux NetHunter, and I saw that you could install it on both a Nexus 5x and Nexus 7, but only if rooted. Well, I have both of those and I wanted it. So I rooted both of my devices.

Quote:

Rooting is the process of allowing users of smartphones, tablets and other devices running the Android mobile operating system to attain privileged control (known as root access) over various Android subsystems. As Android uses the Linux kernel, rooting an Android device gives similar access to administrative (superuser) permissions as on Linux or any other Unix-like operating system such as FreeBSD or OS X.
Went well on the 7. Thought I bricked the 5x, but recovered it and soldered on and got it it done.

I'm new to rooting devices, but right away one of the benefits is root access apps that give you more control than non rooted apps.

Since I'm increasingly more tin foil hat about my security and being tracked, the firewall apps that allow and disallow apps to connect to the internet are pretty sweet. Also, being able to actually uninstall bloatware ( even though it's not that bad on the Nexus devices) is a plus.

Was wondering if anyone else has rooted their devices and have any tips, warnings, or things they like to do with theirs.


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire