vendredi 10 juillet 2015

Turning a hobby to business, accounting for existing assets

Hi everyone,

Sorry, I know nothing about accounting! I am in the process of turning my hobby into a business and I am trying to fill in the starting assets account in my book keeping software.

I want to know how to deal with accounting for equipment I already own. This equipment was bought in some cases years ago and I don't have receipts as it was for personal use at the time. Most of the equipment is low value but together it adds up.

Do I record them:
Using their current value if I was to sell them.
Or
Use an approximation of how much they cost me and apply depreciation (which would mean they would probably have no value)
Or
Use a value of how much it would cost to replace?

Thank you in advance.


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire