mercredi 30 décembre 2015

Small business financing that I don't have to personally guarantee?

I recently graduated from Cortland State College. It's a small public school in upstate New York, just south of Syracuse. When I was a student, I spent many an hour working on computers, smartphones, and other pieces of technology for friends of mine. As I was fluent in computer repair and had a lot of free time, I ended up spending close to 10 hours certain weeks just fixing computers. Now, 7 months removed from graduation working an OK job, I still receive an occasional text from someone asking for computer help.

There is an IT/computer company in the town, but they have little to no appeal to students. As Cortland is a small, fairly remote town with a seasonal population, a student with a computer issue has to find help on campus or drive 45 mins to Syracuse to visit a Best Buy. This has given a friend of mine and I the idea to start a student-centred electronic sales and repair company. We know our target customer, and have a largely unoccupied niche to fill.

The issue I see is financially getting started. Until we build up some business momentum and become self-sustaining, my partner and I will be on the hook to register an LLC, secure an office, acquire inventory, and still eat & pay our bills. My question is: is there financing that I do not have to personally guarantee that can help us get going? I don't want to be stuck paying off a loan years from now if it fails. I have incredible faith in our potential here, but Cortland is a very economically-depressed area.

All help is much appreciated!!:)


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire