mercredi 7 septembre 2016

Crowd Funding Resellers License Question

Hello all,

This is my first post, and I have a question that I can't seem to get a straight answer from, even from Kickstarter or Indiegogo.

I am starting a new business. It's based on an invention I have been working on based on over two decades of experience.

I have decided to raise funding through CrowdFunding (CF) and in that am getting pricing quotes for all the machining and manufacturing I am going to need. CF has a rewards system which includes a Tier that will be giving a product if a certain milestone is donated to.

My question is whether I need to have a resellers license for this. I spoke to the Franchise Tax board and they were literally of no help. I spoke to Kickstarter and Indiegogo to ask them and they both came back with two different answers.

Granted, the one I liked was that because we are giving the item, we would not need to have a resellers license, but the other said because we are giving an item as an exchange for funding we would.

Thoughts, opinions, laws? Kinda stuck here.


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire